Dentist scanning the teeth of patient with a CEREC scanner
What is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a cap which covers the tooth. Custom designed crowns are one of the most commonly performed treatments in dentistry and are used to restore the shape, size, strength, and appearance of a tooth. They are a popular choice for reinforcing heavily damaged and decayed teeth or as a finishing touch on a dental implant.
The process of creating traditional crowns is time-consuming, but now dentists can offer their patients a better option.
Enter CEREC® dental crowns. CEREC® stands for Chair Side Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. CEREC® can be custom designed and created in the dental office speeding up the crown process immensely. You can have your new precise and natural looking crown in one single office visit. Thanks to digital impressions, biting down on ooey, gooey putty is now a thing of the past.
What Makes CEREC® Crowns the Better Choice
- CEREC® crowns are far superior lab created crowns.
- CEREC® crowns are 50% more accurate than lab created crowns.
- CEREC® crowns are efficient and technologically advanced.
- CEREC® certified dentists use Computer-Aided-Design/Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAD/CAM) technology. This technology gives dentists more design control allowing them to create a precise fitting and more comfortable crown.
- CEREC® crowns are created out of a high-quality and durable ceramic material.
- CEREC® crowns match the color of your natural teeth.
- CEREC® crowns can be accurately fitted and durably bonded in one office visit. There is no need for molds or temporary crowns.
- CEREC® crowns are entirely safe.
- CEREC® crowns are a better option for the overall health of your mouth.
Procedure for Traditional Dental Crowns
- Your dentist will take X-rays to check the roots of your tooth.
- Your tooth will be filed to ensure the crown will fit correctly on the damaged or decayed tooth.
- A dental impression will be taken and sent to the lab. The lab creates your permanent crown out of metal or porcelain.
- Your dentist will create a temporary crown. You will need to wear this until the permanent crown is completed.
- You will have to return to the dental office to have the permanent crown placed in your mouth. Your dentist will adjust your bite and ensure it fits onto your tooth correctly.
Procedure for CEREC® Crowns
- Your tooth is prepared.
- An electronic camera will scan your tooth. You will be able to see the image on the screen.
- A restoration will be designed from the scan.
- A crown will be automatically milled out of a solid ceramic block.
- Your precise crown will be accurately fitted and durably bonded to the prepared cavity.
The choice is clear- CEREC® crowns are a more efficient procedure and provide superior results compared to traditional crowns.
Dr. Gary Kodish
Dr. Kodish offers CEREC® crowns and is trained in creating and placing them. The CEREC® method creates a higher quality crown in one office visit. Financing options are available. We would love to customize the dentures which will give you the smile of your dreams! Call us today at 954-462-5252 to make your dreams a reality.
Dr. Gary Kodish welcomes you to Kodish Dental Group. Here is Fort Lauderdale, Dr. Gary Kodish and his team believe in providing patients with the best treatment available. We support a ‘full care’ dentistry environment, meaning that we will recommend the services needed to bring your smile to a state of optimal health, as well as provide you with a personalized prevention plan to address further concerns. This level of dental care is the dental care we would give members of our own family!
© Copyright 2018. All Rights Reserved.