What are Dental Implants?
Millions of Americans suffer from tooth loss from injury or decay at one time or another. Dental implants provide a better choice than bridges and dentures. Dental implants replace tooth roots and provide fixed or removable replacement teeth that match your natural teeth.
- Avoid bone loss and gum recession which can happen with denture use and bridges.
- Make no clicking noise and are silent.
- Are durable and reliable.
- Can’t be lost or broken.
- Preserve bone health by providing mass to help the bone retain its size.
- Allow you to eat all types of food, without restriction.
- Last a very long time.
- Improve appearance because they look and feel like natural teeth.
- Are fused with the bone to provide permanence.
- Improve speech and comfort when compared to dentures.
- Improve oral health.
- Have a 98% success rate and with proper care, can last a lifetime.
Can Anyone Get Dental Implants?
Most healthy individuals with healthy gums and enough bone can undergo a routine extraction or oral surgery to have a dental implant implanted. The best candidates should commit to good oral hygiene and not smoking.
The Dental Implant Process
- Your dentist will create an individualized treatment plan to address your specific needs. Dr. Kodish is experienced in oral surgery and restorative dentistry.
- A small titanium post is placed in the bone socket of the missing tooth. The jawbone will grow around the implanted titanium post as it heals. It will anchor securely to the jaw and the entire healing process takes six to 12 weeks.
- An abutment is attached to the post to hold the new tooth after the implant has bonded to the jawbone.
- A new tooth will be made from the impressions of your tooth. This impression will capture the bite and type of your tooth,
- A crown, or replacement tooth will be attached to the abutment.
- Your implant will match the color of your natural tooth.
- The replacement tooth will look, feel, and function like your own natural teeth.
- There is very little discomfort associated with dental implants. Local anesthesia is used during the procedure and is less painful than a tooth extraction.
- Tylenol or Motrin can be used to treat mild soreness or pain.
Dr. Kodish DDS is medically trained in root canals. He has been in practice for over 30 years and has restored beauty to many clients in the South Florida community. Contact The Kodish Group and schedule an appointment to have a treatment! Dental insurance plans vary. In general, dental implants are not covered by dental insurance. The Kodish Group offers financing.
The Kodish Dental Group
For over thirty years, Dr. Kodish has been helping patients dramatically improve their oral health through his caring, quality approach to dental care. As one of the nation’s top-rated cosmetic dentists, he’s able to create amazing results that leaves patients with a new reason to smile! Please contact us at 954-462-5252 today to schedule your first appointment. Visit our website.
© Copyright 2020. All Rights Reserved
Tags: Dental implants